704 N Main Avenue, Demopolis, Alabama 36732$169,000
Wow at the History!!!
The Historic River Hotel was originally built in 1824 and hosted travelers arriving by steamboat and stage coach. This charming home is situated just a block from the famous white bluffs in the Tombigbee River, the city park, and the Demopolis Marina. Full of character, this lovely home boasts 4 (or more bedrooms) and 2.5 baths with 11.5 foot ceilings and mostly hardwood floors. This home could easily be made a bed and breakfast! The possibilities are endless!
• Lovely kitchen features freshly painted light grey cabinets, tile countertops, and freshly painted neutral grey walls among a fireplace. Large island with cook top hosts seating for at least 4. All appliances stay. Kitchen is open to the spacious den with big beautiful windows and a wall of built-ins complete with a library ladder!
• Dining room adjoins the kitchen with large windows and lots of natural light, neutral Revere Pewter walls, fireplace and another exit to the foyer.
• Spacious office/study or formal living room located off the foyer presents hardwood floors, large windows and fireplace.
• Additional bedroom with hardwood floors is adjacent to the master, making a great nursery.
• Master bedroom is spacious & is perfect for that king size bedroom suite. It has a walk-in closet, spacious on-suite with neutral tile, vanity and tub.
• Hall bath is has neutral color tile, sink and vanity as well.
• Laundry room has built-ins for extra storage.
• Upstairs features, 2 spacious bedrooms with hardwood floors & their own fireplaces, extra-large bonus/living room (perfect for a game room with a pool table) and a ½ bath.
• Located on one bedroom wall, there are writings on the plaster that are believed to have been left by an organization that held meetings in the room dating back to 1871.
• Exterior consists of brick (3 bricks thick) & new vinyl siding with hand hewed beams in the cellar, shaped with a foot ax!
• This back yard is the perfect entertaining space! It features: grand newly built and painted back deck, recently landscaped back yard complete with a pergola, fire pit, raised garden beds, privacy fence and playset for the kids. (While digging to install the deck, owners found a mule shoe perhaps from the stage coach livery stable next door.)
• Double parking pad on the side of the house, screened in porch, and a newly built greenhouse.
704 N Main Avenue, Demopolis, Alabama 36732
Interested In This Property?
Owning a home is a great investment and it is key to plan your mortgage payments ahead of time. Calculate for your monthly mortgage using our free calculator below.