304 W Green Street, Marion, Alabama
The Myatt-Hancock House: Built in 1845 by brothers Mark Alvis Myatt and John Myatt, the Myatt-Hancock House was the residence of Mark Myatt, his wife, Julia Bondurant, and their children. Mark Myatt was a descendant of the founders of England's Myatt China Company and was a member of the first Board of Trustees at the Marion Female Seminary. The buildings of which are still located behind the Myatt-Hancock House today. The Myatt brothers were also successful merchants and had a dry goods store in Marion from the mid-1830s through the 1850s. The home has a wrap-around porch, front and back balconies, high ceilings, 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, double parlors, a formal dining room with 8-foot folding doors and bay windows, and the original kitchen was later joined to the house to form a breakfast nook. All appliances and an extra side lot are included. The front of the property features large, twin Magnolia trees and there are numerous established azalias and camellias throughout.